Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Everything....

So what do you like taking pictures of? Ummm..... almost everything. One of my mentors--the 2008 National Association of Hispanic Journalist of the year, Mr. Ray Chavez once said to me, "There's a picture everywhere, it's just how you frame it." I love taking pictures of everything... and I wish I could shoot everyday, but I get caught up. But my passion never goes away. Sometimes it fades, but then it always comes right back around. Art and photography is what reminds my soul that I am alive. So I take any opportunity to shoot...

I've been shooting for my homies at Reignforest Collective, who have awesome parties and shows every month.

This is Feelosophy, they were amazing.





I like shooting portraits. Here is one of my friend Belinda, Nolan, and their princess to be Amaya.



I love documenting life. I love getting to know people, hearing their stories, and sharing their voices to folks who may otherwise not know what is going on. Photography is about light-- in so many ways.





When walking through my normal routine, I like to look around and capture moments that people seem to pass right by....




But I also love capturing personal moments in my life that hold a special place in my heart.



This month's cover of Juxtapoz features an amazing painter, Sam Flores, who said something I had to take note. "I think that's one thing I portray in my work, how people can go through a world so beautiful and not see any of it."


Paintings by Sam Flores.

1 comment:

Moey said...

Diana,
Your photographs are breathtaking. Thank you so very much for sharing.