Sunday, November 16, 2008

Celebrating Life, Death, and everything in between



It's that time of year again... my favorite time of year... I'm not talking about the holidays, but rather the season of Fall. I know it started a while ago, but I really felt it when I was in Seoul, Korea. From the Philippines, I had a 12-hour lay over and because I flew with Asiana, got a complimentary "City Tour." The drive from the airport to this city is about 45mins, and throughout the whole drive, my eyes were drawn to the bright oranges, reds, and yellows that lined the streets. There's something about Fall...maybe its the intense colors that illuminate the streets and parks. maybe i like watching the leaves slowly fall and accumulate into a huge pile I could jump in. maybe because its a time of transition, from life to death, that attracts me the most...the beautiful obvious change. Whatever it is, I gasp in awe at its beauty=)


The tour took me to the Cho Kye Sa Buddhist Temple, which I must say, was my favorite part. I have been to a few Buddhist Temples, but this was the first service I went to, where it was a packed house of Buddhist monks, nuns, and attendees chanting. I don't know what they were saying, but the sound of the chants and the feel of the place was so relaxing.





So how was my trip? It was exactly what I needed to clear my mind. I got to see folks I have not seen in a while. I spent a lot of time with the family. From celebrating the Day of the Dead, to vacationing to Ilocos Norte, to visiting the new borns in the family, to celebrating birthdays of two important people in my life... it was a good trip. It was a celebration of life, death, and everything in between...

Photos of my cousin with her first born...



Ci-se, the cutest girl ever!


Chicken manok! mmmm.... sooo good!


Now, I am back in Cali, but this time with a solid goal in mind... well somewhat solid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those two scenic fall shots are dope.
amazing pics diana! i didnt know you traveled to so many places!