Sunday, February 15, 2009

"What is LOVE to you?"



I watched Frida today.... it reminded me of how much I miss Mexico. But it also reminded me of Frida and Diego's crazy love story.

''I don't believe in marriage. I really don't! Let me be clear about that,'' Ashley Judd says in the movie at Frida's and Diego's wedding,''I think at worst it's a hostile political act. A way for small-minded men to keep women in the house and out of the way, wrapped up in the guise of tradition and conservative, religious nonsense. At best it's a happy delusion. It's two people who truly love each other and have no idea how truly miserable they're about to make each other.'' She pauses. ''But when two people know all of that and decide, with eyes wide open, to face each other and get married anyway, well, then, I don't think it's conservative or delusional. I think it's radical. And courageous. And very romantic.'' She lifts her glass. ''To Diego and Frida.''

No comments: