Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"Lakaran"

Just a quote I like...
"In life, each person can take one of two attitudes: to build or to plant. The builders might take years over their tasks, but one day, they finish what they're doing. Then they find they're hemmed in by their own walls. Life loses its meaning when the building stops.

Then there are those who plant. They endure storms and all the many vicissitudes of the seasons, and they rarely rest. But unlike a building, a garden never stops growing. And while it requires the gardener's constant attention, it also allows life for the gardener to be a GREAT ADVENTURE.

Gardeners always recognise each other, because they know that in the history of each plant lies the growth of the whole World."
-Paulo Coelho

Just a thought I had....

I remember back in eighth grade one of assignments was to write a paper starting with the quote, "Life is a journey, not a destination." I got a D, on that paper, and I don't remember what I wrote... but its been 10 years, and that quote still lingers. Eh, I guess as an eighth grader about to graduate and go into high school, Mr. Norris and Mr. Scaramuzzo had the intention for us to at least think about the new door that was awaiting to be open. Since then, I'm not quite sure how many doors I've opened, closed, passed through, stood at the doorway, or heard the knock only to leave it unanswered.

Not just an ad... I may not like the product, but I love the message, and the cinetography. Beautiful.

1 comment:

Shannon Barry said...

I love the video you posted, a lot. I live by the phrase "life is a journey, not a destination" so much so that about two years ago my mom bought me a bracelet saying just that because she remembered me always saying it.
Well, I lost it since then. =( Guess it needed to go on a journey too... but the phrase is still with me. We are similar souls Diana, so crazy. You're far away but we're still on the same level. Glad that you are enjoying your journey of self-discovery.