Thursday, April 3, 2008

the little things, there's nothing bigger

a clip of a favorite scene of a favorite movie with one of my favorite songs...ladies and gentelmen we are floating in space.



so it's down to the last month of this "lakaran"-- or pilgrimage, or journey to the motherland.

i've been feeling quite homesick lately. quite so...


(photo by bigmikelakers on flickr)

yes, that is a photo of the 280... i loves it. April 2nd marks the bday of three dear people in my life. Happy Birthday Maricel, Daniel, and Happy 92nd Birthday Manong Hernando. He's the leading man in my documentary about the WWII Filipino Veterans. The last time I saw him, he was in tears, and that brought me to tears. I remember when I first met him, he was so charming and very sharp...always smiling. I would visit him at the veteran center in San Jose and he would always want to dance. "Did you bring your dancing shoes," he would ask me every Sunday.
He is a great man and is always open to share his war stories and how he still and will continue to fight for what is rightfully his and thousands of other veterans. But the last time I saw him, he was not doing too well. He can't walk on his own anymore, he fell and broke his hip. According to his daughter, he falls a lot. I don't know how he is doing right now, but I hope he is having a great birthday. I do miss doing the cha-cha with him tho...

1 comment:

Shannon Barry said...

Thanks Diana. I must say, that this movie and this scene in "Vanilla Sky" especially always manages to bring me to tears. It is absolutely beautiful and filled with raw emotions and truths. Thanks again for reminding me that I need to watch it again... what a wonderful movie.